"Stalin raised us to be loyal to the nation, inspired us to labour and great deeds."

Located at the Kurskaya (Курская) station: The inscription, which is written on the frieze above several neo-classic columns, is taken from an early version of the Soviet National anthem. After Khrushchev came to power in the 1960s, he had it removed during the de-Stalinization period. It was replaced with a pro-Lenin slogan. (The station was completed in 1938.)

 



Kurskaya Station